Syllabus for Secretariat Assistant Preliminary Examination
There will be 100 objective type multiple choice questions for 100 marks. Duration of the exam will be 75 minutes. The Topics expected are General Knowledge, General English, Mental Ability, Reasoning and Arithmetic. Normally one who score around 60 marks will be qualified for the main exam.
Syllabus for Secretariat Assistant Main Exam
Secretariat Assistant Main Exam will be descriptive in nature. Duration is 2 and half hours. Topics are General Knowledge, General English, and Regional Language.
Candidates should be graduates in any discipline including professional degrees. Candidates should also have passed 6 months Computer Course. Diploma in Computer Applications (DCA) is the recommended course for the Computer Proficiency.
Details of courses which are equivalent to DCA are provided below:
1. Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA) course having 1 year duration from National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) course having 1 year duration from Universities, State Boards & Technical Education (SBTE), Institute of Human Resource Development (IHRD) & Lal Bahadur Sasthri Centre for Science and Technology (LBS)
3. Post Diploma in Software Engineering having 1 year duration from State Board of Technical Education (SBTE), Institute of Human Resource Development (IHRD).
4. a) B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
b) B.Tech (Information Technology) having 4 year duration from any University.
5. 1) Diploma in Computer Engineering
2) Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance
3) Diploma in Commercial Practice
4) Diploma in Information Technology
5) Diploma in Computer Application and Business Management (CABM) having 3 year duration from State Board of Technical Education (SBTE).
6. a) Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
b) MSc. Computer Science
d) BSc. (Computer Science)
f) BCom with Computer having 3 or 2 year duration for PG courses and 3 year duration for UG courses from Universities recognized by UGC.
7. a) Higher Secondary with Computer Science
b) Higher Secondary with Computer Application
c) VHSE with Computer Science
d) VHSE with Computer Application
from a) Department of Higher Secondary Education b) Department of Vocational Higher Secondary Education
8. Department of Electronics Accreditation for Computer Courses (DOEACC) such as
a) O Level
b) A Level
c) B Level
d) C Level from DOEACC society now named as National Institute of Electronic and Information Technology